The purpose of "free" donuts and coffee on occasion after Sunday Mass is to take a few minutes to meet another parishioner, and to say, "Hello" and catch up with friends.
What We Do:
Coffee and Donuts are usually scheduled to follow the 9:15 a.m. Mass.
When a "Coffee and Donuts" event is scheduled (usually when no conflicting events are on the calendar), an email is sent to a group of "Donut Helpers," to find someone to be in charge.
Being in charge involves:
- Picking up the donuts at Happy Donuts on the corner of 24th Street & Church Street at around 8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
- The donuts will already have been ordered and paid for
- Obtaining a Parish center key from the rectory
- Making coffee, setting out a few tables and chairs, napkins, coffee cups, etc.
- After mass, when the announcements are being read, the doors to the Parish center are unlocked
- Clean up and put things away when the donuts are gone and things are winding up
There are always plenty of people hanging around who will help clean up and often we have two people assigned to any given Sunday so it really isn't that much work!
How Can You Get Involved?
If anyone would like to help out they should email Stephanie Rugg and they will be added to the email list for sign ups.
You can sponsor a "Donuts and Coffee" Sunday for $65.00.
This can be in your name, your family's name or your sponsorship can be anonymous.
Note: There is no truth to the rumor that sponsors are required to eat any leftover donuts.